Casodex bicalutamide is an anti-androgen. It works in the body by preventing the actions of androgens (male hormones).
Before taking this medicine:
to make sure Casodex is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- liver disease;
- diabetes; or
- if you also take a blood thinner (warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven).
Casodex side effects:
- breast pain or swelling;
- blood in your urine;
- fever, chills;
- sudden chest pain or discomfort, wheezing, dry cough, feeling short of breath;
- low red blood cells (anemia) – pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- liver problems – nausea, upper stomach pain, feeling tired, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- high blood sugar – increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss.