description Ceftin cefuroxime :
what is Ceftin cefuroxime?
Ceftin (cefuroxime) is a cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotic. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.
Before taking this medicine:
cephalexin (Keflex); or
Ceftin side effects:
- severe stomach pain, diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, or numbness;
- seizure (black-out or convulsions);
- kidney problems – little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, feeling tired or short of breath; or
- severe skin reaction – fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
What other drugs will affect Ceftin?
- probenecid (Benemid);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); or
- a diuretic or “water pill.